Revolution for dogs is a monthly and topical treatment for the protection of your dogs from the ticks and parasites, like ear mites, fleas and heartworms. It is extremely beneficial and cost effective as well, that’s why it is widely recommended by the veterinarians. As for the conditions, you dog has to be of 6 weeks or older and there is no weight requirement. It is also safe for the lactating and pregnant animals.
Revolution for dogs
- Butylated Hydroxytoluene
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Dipropylene Glycol Methyl Ether
How does it work?
Let’s discuss how it actually works. It is a topic application, which means that is it directly applied to the skin of your dog. First, you have to part the fur between the blades of your pet’s shoulders and then apply the whole content of the single dosage of the tube to the skin. It dries, then and gets absorbed. After that, it works by penetrating into the skin and entering into the bloodstream of your dog. Selamectin becomes active and begins to prevent the heartworm disease along with redistributing into the skin from the bloodstream and killing the adult fleas. It also prevents the flea eggs from hatching and fights to expel the parasitic worms, which means that this treatment is anthelmintic as well. The parasites ingest this drug as they feed on the blood of your animal. It directly goes to the system of parasite and replaces the amino acid, responsible for the release of chloride into in the bloodstream. In response, the chloride eventually enters to the nerve cells of parasite and cause paralysis or death.
- It protects your dogs from the fleas and heartworms
- It treats the Sarcoptic mange in your animal
- It fights surface and internal parasitic infections
- It handles and treats the ear mites
- It controls the American Dog Tick infestation
- Safe and secure to use for the long run
- Although the side-effects are very uncommon, but still it is not advised to use the Revolution in pets that are not well or are extremely underweight.
- Some breeds, like collies or herding dog, may have reaction to Selamectin, if you excess the recommended dosage amount.
- You should immediately call your vet if your dog is showing signs of weakness, like trembling, drooling, dilated pupils and staggering etc.
- Maintain good personal hygiene because human can contract the hookworms from the animals.
- Eliminate fleas on your pet and in the household.
- Do not feed your dog uncooked fish, meat or rodents.
- Maintain daily cleanup of stools to prevent re-infection.
- Do not apply to wet hair.
- Test your dogs for heartworms before using Revolution.
- Wash hand thoroughly after applying Revolution to your dog.
Do not use Revolution for dogs if you are already using some alternate heartworm medication.
Worried about your Pets?
Helath - Care - Training
Subscribe to our mailing list and get all latest stuff to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.